Help for our heroes…
This section of I-drive provides a directory of organisations that support disabled British service men and women.
It’s a sad fact, but many members of our brave Armed Forces experience a disability at some point in their working lives.
Fortunately there are a number of great charities and organisations that are dedicated to providing support to those men and women, as well as their families, from rehabilitation help, to financial support or general advice. Below is a selection of the organisations Adapted Vehicle Hire recommends:
- Blesma (British Limbless Ex Service Men’s Association) – The national charity for limbless serving and ex service men and women and their dependants and widows.
- The Not Forgotten Association – This is a national charity that provides entertainment, leisure and recreation for the serving wounded and ex service men and women with disabilities.
- COBSEO – This organisation exists to work for the interests of the Armed Forces community. It identifies, communicates and acts upon issues of common interest for its members.
- ABF The Soldiers’ Charity – Originally called the Army Benevolent Fund, this charity gives lifetime financial support to serving and retired soldiers and their families.
- SSAFA Forces Help – For ‘Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Families’, this site provides financial, practical and emotional assistance to anyone that is currently serving or has ever served in the Army, Navy or RAF, and their families.
- PACE Rehab – One of the UK’s leading independent rehabilitation providers, PACE offers a coordinated multi-disciplinary service to individuals who have sustained limb loss and/or serious limb injury.
- Help for Heroes – Founded by husband and wife Bryn and Emma Parry in 2007, this charity provides direct, practical support to wounded, injured and sick service personnel, veterans, and their families.
Adapted Vehicle Hire is pleased to offer former and serving members of the Armed Forces a 25% discount on its range of specialist adapted and wheelchair accessible vehicles (WAVs). This offer is also available to carers and families requiring the use of a WAV.
This special offer is our way of making resettlement in the UK that little bit easier for service leavers injured in the line of duty. Please call us now on 0845 257 1670 to claim this discount on a rental vehicle.
Calls cost 8p per minute plus your provider’s access charge.