Putting you in touch with the right people
Valuable organisations that can provide support for people living with a disability, their carers and families.
In the UK more than ten million people live with a disability, including 750,000 children under the age of sixteen. For these people and their families, life can be challenging, placing a strain on household budgets and resources.
Knowing that support and guidance is available can be extremely comforting and reassuring.
At Adapted Vehicle Hire, we work with a number of support bodies and charities that are always there to provide help and guidance to those who need it:
- Scope – A charity that works with disabled people and their families at every stage of their lives, Scope offers practical support, from information services to education and every day care.
- Muscular Dystrophy Campaign – This leading UK charity focuses on muscular dystrophy and related neuromuscular conditions. It is dedicated to beating muscular dystrophy and other related conditions by finding treatments and cures and to improving the lives of those affected.
- Ableize – This top ranking directory offers the largest internet collection of disability, mobility and health resources in the UK and Europe. Its vast collection of sites offers high quality, trusted information and advice from education to disabled groups, clubs and sports. Ableize also lists mobility, daily living aids and disability shopping sites waiting to assist you and your special health needs.
- The Shaw Trust – A national charity that supports disabled and disadvantaged people to prepare for work, find jobs and live more independently.
- Remploy – Remploy’s mission is to transform the lives of disabled people and those who experience complex barriers to work by providing sustainable employment opportunities.
- Disability Action – Works to ensure that people with disabilities attain their full rights as citizens, by supporting inclusion, influencing Government policy and changing attitudes in partnership with disabled people.
- Spinal Injuries Association – The leading national charity for people suffering from spinal cord injuries.
- MS Society – Organisation offering hope to those suffering from MS by investing millions in research, and help for today through information, support and campaigning.
- Queen Elizabeth’s Foundation for Disabled People – A disability charity helping people with complex disabilities to achieve their goals in life, including independent living advice, rehabilitation, the development of life skills, vocational training and mobility tuition.
- Leonard Cheshire – One of the UK’s largest voluntary sector providers of specialist services for disabled people. Its services provide support, respite and care for people with disabilities and their carers.
For advice on the range of financial assistance available for people with a disability and carers, please visit the Financial Support section of the Directgov website.
Information on Adapted Vehicle Hire’s range of specialist rental vehicles, including wheelchair accessible vehicles (WAVs) and MPVs, click here.