Supporting active lives
Help and information for those looking to participate in disability sports, at all levels.
Physical activity has wide ranging benefits for the health and well-being of all people, regardless of physical ability. It can encourage teamwork and develops social skills, as well as increasing fitness.
Below are some organisations which promote disability sports, providing opportunities for participation and enjoyment. Adapted Vehicle Hire either works with or recommends these sites as credible and useful sources:
- English Federation of Disability Sport – National body and charity aiming to provide the same opportunities and choices for disabled people as for non-disabled people to participate and excel in sport.
- Disability Sport Events – Creating participation opportunities for disabled people with all impairments.
- Inclusive Fitness Initiative – A programme supporting the fitness industry to become more inclusive- catering for the needs of disabled and non-disabled people, as well as raising physical activity participation levels.
- Freedom in the Air – Organisation specialising in the training of people with a range of disabilities to obtain a Private Pilots License, or to just have some fun.
- Production BMW Championship – A one-make race series specifically designed to provide friendly and if possible, cheap racing for any driver from beginner to advanced. Our own Aaron Morgan is currently participating in his second season.
- RFU Injured Players Foundation – Supports people who sustain a catastrophic injury (CI) whilst playing rugby. The charity provides help and support for both players and their families in the early months of these injuries as well as in the long term.
- Rotary Disabled Sports – Part of a worldwide network of inspired men and women who translate their passions into relevant social causes, and to change lives in communities.
Rental firm Adapted Vehicle Hire supports disabled racing driver Aaron Morgan and bronze medal winning Paralympics swimmer, Matt Whorwood, who represented Team GB in Bejing in 2008 and London in 2012.